Decimal number issue from server to client. Wow! Didn't expect this @_@

Chapter 17 where poor Decimal Number came from Server Side to JavaScript

I worked on some page for days to adjust UI by CSS and HTML changes. It was pretty OK and fine. Until I started to check this page for multi-lingual support...

It was good for English, Spanish and Chinese. And even right-to-left Hebrew! Crooked and askew but working!
But not in Russian, no! In Russian it stopped working at all - nothing except static texts and images wasn't appeared. And of course it was an error in JS :-\ (FireFox DevTools):

that led me strangely to somewhere to this code:

I was staring on this rows and saw nothing wrong there - no missing variables at all. I went to original code in the project to discover the non-rendered rows and saw server variable there:

that led me to server side C#:

Nothing wrong at all.

Here and there - another 10-15 minutes wasted to dumbly running the page again and again and stupidly staring on all these rows in different windows... :-\ Sad...

Until suddenly, I decided to run the page in Chrome (you remember, my dear readers, all this saga takes place to be in FireFox). And there is the error:

and led me to this:

Ah, such familiar lines...
Wait, what? "Unexpected number"? In this highlighted line? FireFox, why didn't you tell me this?
It's so obvious! Finally I see this! Damn comma instead of period! F*ing globalization formatting...

The story was finished in 1 minute by this line:


It's another long story that supposed to be short... :-\

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SQLite To MS SQL or Access