Error starting SQL Server 2017 service. Error Code 3417 - Fixed

It's already a third time I uninstall and install again SQL Server 2017 Dev version on my local computer...
It's working fine for few days and than suddenly stop running with Error Code 3417:
Cannot recover the master database. SQL Server is unable to run. Restore master from a full backup, repair it, or rebuild it. For more information about how to rebuild the master database, see SQL Server Books Online.
I tried many ways to fix this, including security changes on master.mdf and of course full re-install.
Until suddenly I saw in MS SQL log file this error before the main error:
Error: 2775, Severity: 17, State: 12.The code page 65001 is not supported by the server
I went to find this error in Google and I found this article, where the author talked with himself about logs, errors, screenshots and questions about them. Until in the bottom of the article he wrote:
Uncheck Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support in Control Panel -> Region -> Administrative -> Change System Locale and restart the computer.This solved my problem. As @Shanky stated in his answer this seems to be a bug.
I did it and it worked for me as well...

Damn you, Microsoft!!!

5 second solution after many hours of suffering from malfunction of my main development tool! And all because of your stupid update with beta feature!!!!!

Damn you, Microsoft, again!

Many times with hard curses in Russian!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NodeJS modules shrink