"low disk space on recovery drive windows 10" Saga

Few months ago, after some big update of Win 10, I started to get annoying notifications:
This message appeared randomly without any systematic causes. The system looked like this:
I endured this for a long time but finally decided to fix it. And I had a plan to slice small piece from C: and extend E: to this piece. Note: disk D: is removable disk so C: and E: are on same HDD and they siblings :-)
So I went to Disk Management to fix this and I saw this thing:

E: drive hasn't major actions of another drives include "Extend Volume..."
Anyway I sliced 2Gb from my C: drive with "Shrink Volume..." option. I got Additional unallocated space between C: and E: drives. After that I tried many "dances with tamburin around a campfire" - move E: after C:, allocate new space etc. Nothing didn't help.
I know that there is limitations of built-in utilities of Windows and I started to search around the Net... All leads told me that I should use 3rd-party utility and I went to try them...
I tried many vendors and many versions of 3rd-party utilities. The major of them are Paragon Hard Disk Manager and Macrium Reflect - they were in first lines of Google search. But none of them wasn't help - this drive still unavailable to Resize or Merge actions.

So there is a solution - AOMEI Partition Assistant. With this software in free configuration I did what I wanted in 30 sec. Thank you, our chinese friends!

It was a long way to achieve such simple result. Shame on you, MS! 

P.S. Next time I will tell you how I did backup of my major disk... It's saga as well...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NodeJS modules shrink